ReStore Associate Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Williamston, MI
Reports to: ReStore Manager
The Habitat for Humanity ReStores located in Lansing and Williamston are proudly operated by Habitat for Humanity Capital Region to help fund the mission of building homes, communities, and hope. The ReStore accepts donations of new and gently-used items from individuals and businesses, then sells those items to the public at prices well below retail. The proceeds from the stores go to Habitat for Humanity Capital Region programs building and repairing homes in Eaton and Ingham counties.
We are looking for a ReStore Associate with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and a desire to contribute to the store’s profitability and Habitat for Humanity’s mission.
Employees in this position are responsible for providing excellent customer service, maintaining a clean, organized store, and day-to-day retail operations of the Williamston ReStore. This position may occasionally be required to report to the Lansing ReStore location as well.
Employee Status: Non-exempt, hourly part time
Pay: From $10 an hour
- Provide outstanding customer service by greeting and directing customers, answering questions about products and services, resolving potential customer issues or complaints, and making customers feel welcome in our store
- Answer the telephone and assist customers by providing directions, donation information, and meeting customer needs
- Screen donations over the phone and at the store to ensure we only accept high quality donations that we are able to recycle back into the community
- Unload donated materials and communicate with ReStore Manager regarding incoming donations
- Operate a cash register to document sale of merchandise, following established procedures for each type of sale. Refer to established pricing schedules and office records to verify pricing
- Occasionally supervise volunteers, making their experience meaningful in contributing the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Maintain an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners, and ReStore customers
- Daily restocking, cleaning, and organizing of ReStore merchandise staging area, keeping it neat and clean
- Other tasks as assigned by ReStore Manager
Required Skills / Experience:
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service
- Strong team focus, and proactive work ethic to act when the need arises
- Must be a good listener and be able to engage in well-considered discussions
- Must pass criminal background check and sex offender registry check
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Ability to spend majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions
- Ability to operate a cash register, office equipment, and accurately make change
- Social media experience is desired
- Must be willing to understand Habitat for Humanity Capital Region’s mission and understand that the ReStore is a part of the larger goal to build a world where everyone has a safe, decent, and affordable place to live
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com by the end of the day November 15th. Please include the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Habitat for Humanity Capital Region is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.