Remodeling, cleaning out, downsizing or just getting organized? Consider donating your excess household goods and building materials to the Habitat ReStores. We’ll gladly take new and gently-used items off your hands and you’ll get the satisfaction of knowing they helped support local families and didn’t end up in the landfill. All of your donations are tax-deductible.
For businesses, donating to the Habitat ReStores are a great way to move discontinued or excess stock, deal with gently used returns and show your customers that you care about the environment and your community. Plus, we’ll pick up your donated goods, which will save you time and money.
If you wish to make a monetary donation to Habitat for Humanity Capital Region, you can do that on the Donate page.
All Appliances must be clean for acceptance and no older than 10 yrs unless other wise noted.
Dishwashers (no older than 5 yrs)
Microwaves (no older than 5 yrs)
Small appliances (i.e., toasters, blenders, etc.)
Chairs* (living room, recliner, etc.)
Tables (dining room, side)
*Upholstered furniture cannot have any stains, tears or pet damage.
Doors (doors must be free of bowing, twisting,
splintering or water damage. Solid core doors only.)
Unused lumber 4' or longer, trim is okay.
All lumber must be completely denailed with no water damage or bowing.
Tile (no broken pieces)
Carpet (new, minimum room size, no small pieces unless carpet tiles)
Area rugs (new)
Cars, Boats, RVs, Jet Skis, Tractors
To donate your old vehicle, call 1-877-277-4344, or visit the Cars for Homes website.
All lighting fixtures and fans must be in good working condition.
Lamp shades in good condition
Toilets (drop off only, 1.6gal or smaller water efficiency)
Showers (new only)
Tubs (new only)
New HVAC Ductwork
Bay (complete with all sashes)
Vinyl frame only
Donations Not Accepted
- Mattresses/water beds/box springs
- Upholstered items with rips, stains, tears, and/or pet odors
- Anything that doesn't work/needs a replacement part
- Hazardous materials/chemicals
- Unframed mirrors or glass
- Appliances more than 10 years old
- TVs or stereos
- Entertainment centers
- China cabinets
- Microwaves and dishwashers over 5 years old
- Storm windows/single pane windows/wood frame windows
- Computers/fax machines/printers or copy machines
- Commercial office furniture
- Filing cabinets
- Shower doors
- Countertops with sink opening
- Metal blinds
- Garage doors
- Flat panel doors
- Aluminum sliding glass doors
- Pianos and organs
- Baby items
- Ceiling tiles
- Paint & stain
- Automotive supplies and accessories
- Florescent light fixtures
- Light bulbs
- Recalled items
- Items with mold
- Items that are missing any or all hardware