You Can Volunteer Again. . . SAFELY!Volunteering is back at Habitat Capital Region! We rely on hundreds of volunteers every year to carry out our mission. You are a crucial part of stabilizing housing for local people by helping with everything from construction, assisting in the ReStores, or helping at an event and providing admin support.We have designed new safety protocols that will provide you with a safe, engaging, and meaningful volunteer experience.Volunteering Changes:Your safety is our top priority. Here are just a few of the protocols designed with your safety in mind.
- Smaller crews. Each site has a limit of 4-6 volunteers determined by space for social distancing measures in place. ReStore volunteers are limited to 1-2 at a time.
- Masks required. Please bring your own if you have one, otherwise they’ll be available on site.
- Wash hands. Handwashing stations are on all sites. You are encouraged to wash your hands often and avoid sharing tools (which are being disinfected at the end of each day).
- Daily health screenings. All staff and volunteers must complete a temperature check and health screening before reporting to site each day.Expectations for Persons Exposed To, or Exhibiting Symptoms of COVID-19:STAY AT HOME! No person(s) may visit any Habitat for Humanity Capital Region property who within the last 14 days, has experienced any of the following symptoms (personally, or within their household):
- Fever (100.4°F or greater)
- Persistent Cough
- Shortness of Breath
- Muscle Pain
- Sore Throat
- New Loss of Smell or TasteIf you have any questions, or if you would like any clarification on what meets the above criteria, please contact us before your arrival.
Habitat for Humanity Capital Region is a grassroots, community-based organization that relies on local volunteers to build homes, community, and hope in Ingham and Eaton counties. There are many ways to become involved in Habitat's work.
1st Step: Attend a Volunteer Orientation!
New volunteers, please plan to attend a volunteer orientation. Orientations are currently being held online through Zoom. Please use the form below to sign up. If you are not available for this time, please contact the office to schedule an appointment during business hours.
We do work with volunteers who are seeking to complete court-ordered community service. If you need your hours verified, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE you begin volunteering with Habitat Capital Region so your hours can be tracked properly. Habitat for Humanity does not work with volunteers who are convicted of sexual or violent crimes, theft, or crimes involving firearms. Background checks are completed for all volunteers.