Habitat Young Professionals
Habitat Young Professionals are grassroots volunteers who work within Habitat for Humanity Capital Region affiliate to create change in their communities. Habitat Young Professionals aim to inspire, mobilize and connect young professionals to Habitat’s mission of creating a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Through the diverse demographic of young professionals and their talents, chapters create unity in sharing the vision of Habitat nationally and globally.
- Directly serve with partners and Habitat for Humanity Capital Region and Habitat for Humanity International to help accomplish Habitat’s mission.
- Educate chapter members, the local community and members’ networks about the work and mission of Habitat Capital Region.
- Advocate on behalf of people in need of decent shelter and for an end to poverty housing.
- Raise funds for the work of Habitat for Humanity Capital Region.
- Participate and create space for transformational leadership and professional development.
- Build networking opportunities: Habitat for Humanity International’s Youth Programs will help connect HYP chapters with one another so they can better share ideas and lessons.
- Earn leadership opportunities: Established chapter members can join the HYP council or mentor new chapters, as well as engage with senior HFHI and Habitat for Humanity Capital Region staff.
- Build brand recognition: Each chapter gets its own logo and ongoing support from HFHI and Habitat Capital Region.
- Gain access to scholarships, grants and international travel.
- Gain access to training and resources designed specifically for HYP chapters to help recruit, engage and mobilize members.
*Please join us Sunday January 21, 2pm at the office (1941 Benjamin Dr.) for the first meeting of 2018!
For more information about Habitat Young Professionals at Habitat Capital Region, please fill out the form below: